Sanity / Sanitystyle.com

Sanity is the fashion forward Men's & Women's Clothing & Accessory Boutique, specializing in the most sought after contemporary designers as well as handpicked independent labels from NY and LA. Sanity carries the hottest shoes and jewelry as well as unique gifts and apothecary lines. Sanity is truly a one of a kind and a must see!

www.SanityStyle.com

2/08/2010

It's all about the Benjis

Posted by Sanity |

Right before the weekend we received this adorable pair of shorts,  Free People Benjis Shorts and it got me thinking about *SPRING*. I know we still have some time until spring gets here, but I'm always thinking about how I can take seasonal items and make them appropriate for the season we are currently in.
So back to the shorts.
Around this time each year, I get a strong desire to wear shorts. Currently there are so many cute styles out from pleated, silky, khaki, to denim shorts. Whatever your taste in shorts, this spring/summer has many different styles to offer.
Right now in Cleveland, Ohio we have a few inches of snow on the ground and it's 23 degrees Fahrenheit, so wearing shorts with bear legs is totally out of the question, but shorts with tights is a different story! I have always wondered what other people's opinions were about wearing shorts with tights/ leggings and through out my research I have discovered that everyone has a different opinion on the matter. My opinion on the whole "wearing shorts with tights" issue is that if you can pull it off and look good, go for it! Just the other weekend I wore a pair of black satiny bubble shorts with black tights cable knit tights and booties and got many compliments. I keep it simple when I wear this combo. Making sure the material of the shorts is weather appropriate is number 1. It's probably not a good idea to wear your linen shorts in the winter, you might look a little silly.
In my quest for answers to this dilemma I came across a few celebs wearing shorts with tights and thought that they looked great and were a great example of how to wear this style.







Blake Lively is pictured here wearing a very cold weather appropriate outfit with black shorts, patterned tights, over the knee boots, a cozy blazer and scarf.
(Photo from Popsugar.com)









I also found a photo of Katie Holmes, who isn't my favorite dressed celeb, but I think she pulled off this outfit really well and looks great! I especially love the stirrup tights with pumps... very cool.

I have added some pictures of shorts that are arriving to Sanity in Chagrin Falls and Sanitystyle.com as we speak and the styles are so versatile and classic with an updated spin.

The first picture is the Free People Slinky Pleated Short which is a perfect example of an appropriate short to wear with tights. The satiny material  can be dressed up with patterned or solid tights, boots or pumps and a great top.
I also have the shorts pictured with a sweater so you can wear them while the weather is still cold and not freeze to death. I know, what a novel idea! :)
To dress down the look pair the shorts with a warm cable knit tight and flat boots. 
Click on the piece below that you would like to view:
Sweater: Free People Striped Ruffle Cardi Sweater 
Top: BB Dakota Aleka Top
Shorts: Free People Slinky Pleated Shorts



I think fashion is about taking risks and breaking out of routine.
If you try the shorts with tights outfit, I'd love to see it. Take a picture and e-mail it to me at sales@sanitystyle.com

xoxo
Isabel

0 comments:

Subscribe